10.22.2007

traveling thoughts

when using an escalator, i cannot resist wrapping my fingers around the rubber banister and seeing if i will get electrically shocked when my fingertips touch the moving metal below it. if i have indeed come across one of these shocking escalators, i always keep touching it and shocking myself despite the knowledge that i won't like it.

whoever designed 'quickpick' snackbox ($5) had a cruel sense of humor, embodied by the pungent smells of each snack packed into that box that overpowered me and made me imagine myself hovering over the aisle companion next to me and making dry heaving sounds onto him. munching away...

i was waiting at gate A6 for the absurdly short (forty minute) flight from d.c. to richmond, watching a girl in the terminal waiting area two seats next to me reading a book and sniffing on her fingers. we all do it, the finger sniffing, but speaking of it offends us.

either the grandmother of the asian family sitting in front of me, or the infant, had intensely bad gas.

No comments: