11.26.2007

the bell's jarred.

I got a second job as a waitress. Starting Saturday, I'll be out at Short Pump Mall serving greasy burgers to fat families. I am fairly pleased with my choice of introductory food service jobs, but I wish that it wasn't such a far drive. This will do until I am trained and can find another waitressing job in the city.

So now I have a full time job, a part time job, and it's possible I could have another little job a few hours a week on top of that. I never, ever thought I would be a three job person. People with three jobs seem insane and incapable of sleeping. I am extremely capable of sleeping.

With three jobs, how will I be able to embark on my 'real' job: my sewing/drawing? The prospect gives me wrinkles.

I'm considering finding a place back in the fan or museum district area... maybe with a roommate, some kind of place where I have an extra little room for my studio. And somehow have it be cheaper than the place I have now? I just don't know if it's possible. Scratch that, it's possible, but I don't know how probable it will be for me for find a place AND a roommate with which I am happy. The perfect scenario would be to have a two bedroom apartment, with a little sun room type of deal off my bedroom, and a roommate with no pets but who loves (my) cats. Wishful thinking...

If anyone knows any information applying to my wishes, let me know. I don't think I can afford my current place without my mother's financial help. God knows I want to be financially independent sooner rather than later, and it's not out of character for her to make sudden, potentially debilitating decisions, so I must prepare. I have done a poor job of it so far.

I am graduating in two weeks. I cannot believe that I've completed 18 years of schooling. I can't believe I'm actually moving on to the next part of my life. The post-academic part. I wonder if I will ever go back to school? I wouldn't be surprised... as burnt out as I got the last couple years, I can't not learn. I am glad to be the kind of person who craves information, even if it's not always the most scholastic kind. There is so much STUFF in the world, and even if you try to cram it all in, you can't even begin to experience it all. At worst, this expansive idea is depressing, and at best, awe-inspiring and invigorating. I try to go with the latter, because let's be honest, depression gets really old after awhile.

Alright, that's all for now. There are not enough hours in the day.

No comments: