11.27.2007

unsuccessful

I hate failing. I try to learn from it, but I still hate it. I feel this sinking feeling in my chest. I'm trying, in vain, to keep myself out of the hole I've been digging myself all day. It's not woooorkiiiing.

I was going to go out tonight, but I am so stressed out and overwhelmed that I decided to stay in. I feel behind in everything. So much crap happened today (I knew the day was off to a bad start) that made my head hurt. I don't get headaches often, but today my noggin' was a'throbbin'.

Apparently there's some dangerous criminal loose in Richmond. Sometimes I feel a little unsafe where I live. I wish someone else were here with me.

Technically, I really haven't failed. There are just a lot of little challenges being thrown at me. I never dealt with stress well. I would love to be one of those people who was calm under pressure, and operated smoothly even when they had to do five hundred things. I feel like that could really hold me back in the future if I can't get myself under control.

I also don't like the thought that someone might be avoiding me. The internet is a funny one. It shouldn't be taken too seriously. All in all, one fantastically bad day. I try to remind myself that things can always get worse, so I'm glad I didn't almost die or anything.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

things can get worse but they can also get better.

you're doing great.