9.14.2008

putting the 'grit' in 'integrity'


man, this blog is a total snoozefest. let's remedy this situation.

quick personal update since may:

-zoe fucked a lot of my shit up, but it's cool now. she's house trained and crate trained, also much less anxious.
-i'm vegan
-i no longer drink (i barely did before, so it's really not a stretch) and in terms of substances one could call me straight edge, but i will not label myself as such for a few reasons.
-i've lost 25 pounds (30 more to go, hoping to hit that shit by my birthday)

i have a few out-of-town friends who read this who wouldn't know those things and may be interested.

so i've obviously made some pretty big diet changes, and it really wasn't because of any people i know. i was already surrounded by many vegans and a fair amount of straight edgers. i don't know exactly what did it (besides that fucking documentary earthlings, nice lighthearted viewing pleasure!) except me realizing i needed to do myself and the world a favor and stop treating everything like shit. it was holding me back and obviously i was throwing my inner chaos out into the world. what right do i have to do that? it's up to us to reduce our footprints, carbon and non... we sure do have some egos in us, us humans, huh?

i really wanted to write about something else in this post, but i feel that it would be a jolt to change subject suddenly. i'll just post a separate one.

No comments: