8.21.2007

ode to an ego

you are a coward.

do you really think that i would be crushed to find out what's been going on? i don't give a crap about that, but i do care that you seem to think you would have that big of an impact on me. especially for something so dumb. i am offended that you don't seem to think i have my own life here. what is going on in new york is only a fraction of what i care about.

you didn't need to ignore me, because i have gotten over the situation. honestly, i just wanted to be friends with you again and forget the bullshit that happened. your assumption that i would be so hurt, so hurt that you avoid talking to me, just goes to show how incredible you think you are. i didn't want to think you were that narcissistic.

i have more worthy prospects to pine over, if pining was what i wanted to do. your sorry ass obviously wasn't worth the effort since you act like i'm on a lower level than you.

i am frustrated that i let myself get involved with you again, physically and emotionally. you don't deserve my affection. i deserve so much better, and my friends tried to tell me that at the time. i believe it now.

that said... maybe i'll see you around and we can laugh about it. i don't hate you, because i know that this is just the person you are. i am disappointed in myself for not making better decisions. another life lesson learned.

No comments: