12.27.2008

quick-date


christmas was weird this year. neither katia and i or our richmond parents were prepared for us to be in town, thus a wee bit of scrambling all around resulted. i also feel bad because our mother was so looking forward to us being in seattle for the first time for christmas, and she has been extremely disappointed. i also miss her.

but the holiday was fine. very low key... a little too low key for my taste, really. it was nice being able to sleep in and watch movies, since i never do that. but i'm the kind of person who needs structure or else i end up laying around wasting the day. not cool, and i end up feeling kind of mopey and crummy.

i always feel nostalgic when my out-of-town friends come back. my heart aches because i miss them so much and it reminds me of how the time has passed. how we aren't kids anymore. but we always are. i love them. i will never understand what i did so right that granted me friends so genuine and caring. this is the first year that death has touched me directly, and it definitely makes you see things in a more precious way. life is so short. don't ever forget to tell people how much they mean to you. they may not be there as long as you think.

as much as i wanted out of richmond for christmas, i wouldn't have been able to see many of my friends had i gone to seattle. my christmas trip being foiled makes me want to plan future trips even more. now that i have friends in desirable vacation spots, i need to make the most of it! nyc, chicago, come the warmer months and i plan to get all up in that. and once again, seattle.

i guess i should sleep. having more than a week off is making me nocturnal.

i hope everyone had a nice holiday!

No comments: