10.21.2008

100th happy waste of words


i just happened to see that this is my 100th post. sorry, i really didn't have anything special planned, there is really only one point i was planning to make. perhaps i can stretch it out into something mildly entertaining...

when everything looks like shit, and i'm in the worst mood ever, pissed off about the state of the world/my personal life/my appearance and/or lack of social skills/dumb drivers who almost kill me in my morning commute (and the fact that i have a fucking morning commute) there are a few things that never fail to at least keep me from punching a wall.

-hot shower (being clean is something i don't achieve everyday, if you think that's gross then we can't hang out, it's an every other day deal for me, i gots dry skin)
-loud, LOUD music. preferably something raunchy that i can shake my ass to. or sing really loudly along to. or both. or even yell to. i'm sure to feel better then.

as much as i want to drive less and ride my bike more, i have to admit i love driving around playing my music so loud that i get disdainful looks from fellow drivers. and belting it out like i'm trying to break my windows. i mean. if you don't love doing that, you're crazy.

here's what i've been listening to lately (doesn't really reflect my overall musical taste, just the last few days):
-dr. dre - bad intentions
-tupac - me and my girlfriend, better dayz, shorty wanna be a thug
-aesop rock - none shall pass
-neutral milk hotel - in an aeroplane over the sea
-the arcade fire - rebellion and neighborhood #3
-the ting tings - shut up and let me go
-tribe called quest - electric relaxation
-biggie - life after death album and crush on you
-blood brothers - set fire to the face on fire
-pixies... all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.myspace.com/e603