10.23.2008

quiet in life


the concept of hitting on people is weird.

it happened to me tonight. it seems to be this bizarre trend actually, recently. it's happened several times. and i'm not trying to be all ooh look at me getting hit on wank wank, awesome, trying to act like i'm uncomfortable but i'm really bragging. no. it's not like that. because trust me, i'm no stranger to rejection. my self-esteem has had plenty of knocked-down moments.

i just need to know, what the fuck do you do? what's the best way to handle it? i used to get hit on by dudes in high school and i pretty much handled it the same way i did tonight.

after i realized what was going on, i ignored him. he was on the job, and i really don't think hollering at girls who look tired and cold is in his job description. he kept fighting the good and futile fight up until i turned my music up and drove away. i guess i should have been flattered? but mostly i felt like he just put me in a position where i needed to act like a bitch. should i just say "thanks for offering a validation of my looks, but no thanks i don't ever wanna jump on ya"? eh. it's a little wordy.

i guess i'll just look like an asshole no matter what. shouldn't take me long to be okay with that, i think plenty of people think i'm antisocial to spite them. sorry, nobody's that important that i am gonna single you out to ignore. i'm just shy. and flustered. not to be confused with quiet, i think we all know i'm usually not quiet. i don't know how to act around new people so sometimes i'll shut down a bit.

btw, hitting on me won't work. i don't really roll that way. you're not going to get any 'action' anytime soon with me. i'm not a prude, i'm not a slut. i'm just a person trying to meet people, hang out with friends, feel useful in life. hitting on someone is based on appearance with the goal of getting some. for me personally, physical shit is overrated and usually not worth the headache. the concept of being hit on is bizarre, awkward and i definitely have a generalized notion that the kind of person i want to hang out with would be more like me... and i don't go up to people and hit on them. no no, i choose much more embarrassing and underhanded (read: spineless) methods to let people know they make me blush. thanks. i'd be the one folding up notes and passing them to you (via my friend, duh). do you like me? check yes or no(or maybe!!!). at 23 years old. whatever, i'm TOTALLY normal and well-adjusted.

oh and sorry to anyone in whole foods tonight, i was the dick shouting on my cell phone in there, then i kept wandering around because i was on the stupid phone distracted.

what a jerk!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

great pic.

Getting hit on and hitting on can be a lot of fun in itself. It's not easy to hit on girls. But sometimes it's easier if I know I have no other goal than to make her smile and get some attention.

Some call this flirting. I call it victory.

Will said...

I've never hit on someone or had someone hit on me. Usually if I want to tell someone I like them I just do it the easy way, I avoid them and stalk them on the internet and spend hours in my room crying and screaming her name.