11.19.2008

16

my friend sent this out through email. i thought it was interesting.

16 truths, good or bad. list 'em, elaborate, or don't. if anyone who reads this does it, send me a link.

1. somehow i believe everything happens for a reason... in a sense, i do believe in an abstract form of 'destiny'.

2. some days i think i'm pretty, other days i think i'm a freak. i still feel like a fat girl and i'm still surprised when i get compliments.

3. i am embarrassed that i know so little about music, amongst the people i know. it's extremely intimidating.

4. i have an ego when it comes to my ability to draw. i know that other people can do it waaaaay better but i guess it feels good knowing i'm good at something.

5. i'm so glad i'm finally now (99%) financially independent.

6. if i didn't do art, i would pursue psychology with a focus on food psychology and eating disorders. or be a nutritionist.

7. i can't imagine not walking every day, although 5 months ago i never exercised.

8. sometimes i try to read the news and i just completely blank out. i want to be aware of everything really badly, but (and i feel guilty about this) sometimes all i can focus on is vapid shit like twitter, missed connections, ikea and puppy webcams.

9. i'm very slowly learning how to be subtle. i doubt i'll ever be the quiet subdued type though.

10. i have prepared myself for being alone for a very long time. richmond is very very small and i feel extremely pessimistic regarding my odds for awesome romantic chillage.

11. i used to want a marc jacobs handbag more than anything. now i couldn't care less (actually i find them rather obscene now), and that thrills me.

12. i am really terrible about changing my bed sheets. sometimes i don't change them for two months. ewwwwwww i know

13. as much as i adore my pets, sometimes i wish i could give them away. the fact that i think this breaks my heart.

14. a couple nights ago a friend described me as 'outgoing' and with a 'big friend circle'. that was the first time anyone had said either of those things about me. i always identified myself as the complete opposite, so i was shocked.

15. i committed a very minor hit and run last week, and i am completely guilt ridden and think about it every day. i didn't leave my info because i am so broke there's no way i could have fixed it, and that makes me feel guilty too.

16. if i could be 18 again, things would go differently. but i am happier now than i ever have been in my entire life.

No comments: